Friday, March 16, 2012

Sun Children

TO MY LITTLE ONES,
    CHILDREN OF THE SUN

Come here my daughter, come close my son:
Hear my words before you off and run
Into a world that may not always
See your smile
Know your name
Like your laugh
Play your games.

Come here my children, sit awhile as I explain
That your worth is not found on earth.
A jewel that’s rare cannot compare
To the brilliance or resilience
Of your precious
Innocence.

This world, you’ll see, won’t always be
Welcome to your raw beauty.
A diamond flashing fiery light
Makes some eyes squint or close real tight
Or turn away in jealousy, or question its necessity.

But don’t you stumble, you’re not blind.
Your skin is dark, but not your mind.
Don’t come undone, don’t stop your fun,
Don’t hide or run, my little ones,
For you are children of the sun.

So shine on, shine on, little rays.
Live for the day,
Pray through the night
And let your light shine bright,
Shine bright.

Come clouds or rain, hail or wind
Shine like little golden gems.
My precious, darling little ones
Remember
You are children of the sun.


(c) by Leslie J. Sherrod
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment